BRILLIANT and UOIT SCORECARD 2017
All Brilliant stats are since inception (September, 2014) unless otherwise noted.
- A Brilliant First: The Brilliant Incubator, located in the ACE Building, opened on the north campus in May, 2017.
- $400,000: Startup investment in Brilliant company
- $240,900: Grants to UOIT and Brilliant startups
- $123,350: Firefly awards since May, 2015 to Brilliant and UOIT startups
- $146,000: External Competition Awards to UOIT and Brilliant startups
- 1574: Participants in Brilliant Entrepreneurship events, workshops and competitions
- 250: Enrollment inas of Nov. 1, 2016 in the university’s Game Development and Entrepreneurship program.
- 141: Brilliant events/workshops
- 64: Startups led by UOIT students, faculty and alumni since 2013
- 59: Students participating on Brilliant startup teams in first 3 Cohorts
- 42: Firefly awards since May 2015
- 35: Number of Brilliant Clients
- 24: Number of Brilliant startups in Brilliant incubator, Cohorts 1-3
Brilliant Entrepreneurship at UOIT is supported in part by FastStart and Incubate Innovate Network of Canada (I-INC). FastStart is a member of the Ontario Network of Excellence and is funded in part by the Ontario Centres of Excellence. I-INC is supported in part by the National Research Council Canada.