Congratulations Pitch It! 2017 Winners!
Student entrepreneurs from Durham College, University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT), Trent University and Fleming College earned cash prizes and valuable experience in the FastStart Pitch It! 2017 Competition.
Students had just 3 minutes to make the case for their start-up idea in the competition, held on October 4th, 2017 at Fleming College in Peterborough. A panel of judges; experienced entrepreneurs, heard pitches from 15 student teams about their ideas in 5 categories. The winners of each category are:
- Lifestyle & Fashion - Gregory Barnes (Durham College)
- Clean-Tech and the Environment - Spencer Langlois (Trent University)
- Trades & Retail - Conor Wilson (Fleming College)
- Agriculture & Food - Nathan Clifford, Noah Elston (Fleming College)
- ICT, Media & Gaming - Phi Do, Phuong Duc Minh (Fleming College)
Thank you to our judges: Rob Howard - GM Kawartha Local Marketplace, Jenny Hui - Angel Investor & Entrepreneur, Scott Mancini - Regional VP Kawartha-Lakeshore Region - RBC, Marcelo König Sarkis, P. Eng - Senior Patent Agent - Canada & United States, Fellow of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada and Katia Skinner - Co Owner and Strategic Planning Director, Mega Brand Experience | CEO, Kawartha Entertainment Group Inc.
A big thank you to all who applied to Pitch It! 2017, we hope to hear from next year!